Feb 11, 2013

Life, for now.

Peeps, it has been long, isn't it? ;)

You know, asrama life.

I guess you can call me asrama student now, though I prefer not to be called that. Anyway, life has been good so far. Nothing fancy yet. Here, let me tell you my daily schedule at asrama.

Usually, I woke up at 5.30 am. That's normal for me 'cause I've trained my body to wake at 5.30 am. Went to the toilet and showered for at least 20 minutes which surprisingly is considered long to my family and friends. That's like, the shortest time for me to take a shower. Any less than that, I'd feel less clean.

After that, getting ready and stuff. Had breakfast at 7 am or 7.15 am. Class starts at 8 am. Finished class at 1.30 pm. Preparation class in the evening 'till 4.30 pm. I jog from 5.30 to 6.30. Dinner and stuff, preparation class at night. I sleep at 11 pm. 6 hours of sleep is enough for me. For a student actually, they say.

That's what I do on weekdays. Weekends are more or less like that. Minus class sessions, we still have prep class though.

Class session is new for me. We, the students have to travel from class to class. Let say, I have BM class now. I'd go to BM class. After BM, I have English. So I would have to travel to BI class. They do it like that because students can focus for 45 minutes only. More than that, they'll be sleepy. And also, staying in one class for the whole day would be sleepy too so they want us to move. To kill the sleep!

Another new thing for me is the syllabus. I have to learn SPM, STPM and AP syllabus. This is still on debate so I've got nothing to elaborate regarding this matter.

The way of P&P is also different. One vital thing here is pre-reading. If I didn't do pre-reading, I'm doomed. Because in class, the teachers won't teach. Don't expect them to teach. They're there to facilitate, not to teach. So, in class, we will be given pre-test. Teachers will then group us according to the pre-test's result. We have 3 groups in a class, namely Core, Extension 1 and Extension 2. Core is for those who didn't do pre-reading. Yes, they know from the pre-test! Extension 1 is for those who know a little about the topic. Extension 2 is for those who know a lot about the topic. We will then be given tasks to do. Each and every class is conducted like that. The group is not fixed. For example, in Chemistry. Let say, I'm in Core. Then, at the next Chemistry class, I'm in Extension 1. Maybe because I do my reading, haha :p

I'm still adapting to this whole new environment. The transition from the 'traditional' class at school to this new way of learning is quite shocking to me. I need a little bit of time to adjust myself but so far, Alhamdulillah I can ride along.

That's all for now, peeps. Stay safe and Gong Xi Fa Cai :D

No comments:

Post a Comment